Distant Lands Coffee is looking to hire a self-motivated and driven individual for the Facility Sanitation Technician opening at the Renton, WA manufacturing location. Key elements of this position include cleaning of food manufacturing facility and equipment as outlined in the Master Sanitation Schedule. Ensuring that food safety and quality standards are met in the area of sanitation. Strategic thinking and ability to work independently, and effective communication with all plant staff.
- Ensure that predetermined cleaning activities are executed as outlined for food packaging equipment and production area.
- Follow Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs) to ensure food safety and product quality standards are maintained.
- Complete site janitorial duties as required.
- Ensure basic cleaning supplies are stocked and available for all production employees to use.
- Lead plant sanitation systems to ensure facility, corporate, third party, and regulatory sanitation requirements are upheld.
- Communicate effectively with employees from various departments, Production Supervisor, and Quality Manager.
- Proper completion of documentation and the ability to follow written instructions.
- Perform cleaning tasks using preapproved cleaning agents and tools.
- Responsible for reporting safety and food safety findings to the Quality Manager.
- Create and foster a positive, cooperative work environment.
- Must understand and follow safety, food safety (SQF), Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards at all times.
- Other responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Attention to detail and communication skills.
- Ability to operate strategically, make informed and well-planned decisions to complete multiple tasks on daily, weekly, and monthly frequencies.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Lift a minimum of 25 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Capability to stand and walk for long periods of time, and ability to access and clean low-level and high-level surfaces.
- Work in an environment where temperatures may vary, both indoors and outdoors.
- Operate scissor lift (training provided)
- Aptitude to learn and willingness to contribute new ideas to continuously improve sanitation programs.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience working in food manufacturing and/or sanitation.
- Previous experience operating a forklift and scissor lift.